Sunday, February 23, 2014

What to make? What to bake?

I discovered something while planning for Christmas gifts this past year, but a friend of mine reminded me this past week.  First, a little back story...


This was Scott and my 11th Christmas together.  For the past 11 Christmases I have done a majority of the Christmas shopping/making/gift planning.  Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about... and since my first real job as as a gift wrapper at JC Penney, I also wrap a majority of the gifts - usually all except mine.  Scott is actually a pretty good gift wrapper, for the record.  

This year I had some issues planning for my sister-in-law, Jessica.  She's really not difficult to shop for, but I know we've given her a few scarves, jackets and other clothing over the years.  I wanted something more original.  Maybe something for their new house?  I didn't know what to do and had major creative block trying to think of something.  

ENTER PINTEREST - to save the day once again!

I was surfing on Pinterest and saw some really cute stuff Jessica pinned.  Then it dawned on me - I don't have to ask for a list or suggestions from her; I can just check her pins for something she would like!!  It was genius!  (I know this isn't something new and many of you have done it, but I felt awesome thinking of it!)  

Jessica pinned a beautiful jewelry board (similar to this, but not the same.)
 



I knew I had to find/make/buy something.  I headed to Hobby Lobby and started filling my basket with a frame and ribbons... then I roamed down an isle and found one!  Perfect!!  

With the crazy last few months I have had it doesn't surprise me I forgot about this.  That was until a friend of mine offered to make us dinner while I was out on medical leave.  She was trying to think of something to make for us and ended up surfing my Pinterest page for the answer.  (Thank you, Amy Brown, for the delicious cream cheese chicken enchiladas!)

So, the moral of the story:  When you're looking to make something for someone, bake something for someone, or just hit a creative block on what to get them... check out their Pinterest page!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment