Sunday, March 22, 2015

Homemade Body Wash for Babies and Kids (made with Valor + Lavender Essential Oils)

On my quest to eliminate the chemicals and synthetic ingredients in our lives, I have started making my own everyday beauty and body care items for my family.  One of my favorites (and a favorite of my kids) is a Homemade Valor + Lavender Body Wash.  Not only is it gentle and clean, but also smells great!






Just as in other posts, I want to mention that I only use Young Living essential oils.  Young Living is the only company that makes PURE, THERAPEUTIC GRADE essential oils in a completely transparent way that they guarantee with their "Seed to Seal" process.  If you plan on following this recipe or any other that involves essential oils, PLEASE note that the $4.00 bottle of Lavender you find at the drug store is not the same thing.  The quality, purity and grade of oils is not the same.  Please do your research and know what you're using on your body.  To get your own Young Living Essential Oils click here.

What you will need:
1 part purified water
1 part organic coconut oil
1 part Dr. Bonner's Castile Soap
3 drops Young Living Valor Essential Oil
3 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
Empty bottle with a pump top (I use an empty 21 oz. Burt's Bee's bottle)
Glass container to combine ingredients (I like to use a glass measuring cup)
Stainless Steel Wisk



Combine the castile soap and water in the glass container.  This time I was making enough to fill two bottles, one for each bathroom, so I did 1 1/2 cups of each.  



Coconut oils is solid at room temperature.  I place my jar in a pot of water on the stove to warm it up enough to liquefy it and then poured it into the soap and water mixture.


From there I wisked it together really good to make sure all the ingredients were blended well.  I added 3 drops of Valor and 3 drops of Lavender essential oils to each bottle and then used a funnel to pour the castile soap-water-coconut oil mixture into the bottles.




If you wanted to do a different scent you can, but I find Valor and Lavender smell great together.  Therapeutically they are also both relaxing.  The Lavender promotes healthy sleep and the Valor can help balance emotions. 





10 comments:

  1. How much coconut oil did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. won't the coconut oil go back to a solid once it has cooled???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing...it can't be good for drains..

      Delete
  3. I only used 1 cup of coconut oil. It stays liquid when mixed with the other ingredients. I only use a few squirts, so there isn't a ton. My drains have been fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi �� Just wondering what quantities you use? I find the 'parts' reference a bit confusing. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's written as parts so you can make as much or as little as you like. If it helps think of the parts as cups; if you add one cup of water then you must add 1 cup of castile soap and 1 cup of coconut oil. Same if say you started out with 1/4 of a cup of water. How much do you want to make? Divide that by 3 and you will get the measurement of the 'parts'. Adjust the essential oils as needed.

      Delete
  6. I made this recipe, but the consistency is watery and it separates. I'm mixing it with a wand blender now, but it's still watery. Is there a way to thicken it so it's like the consistency of body wash or shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. デオシーク

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this recipe. I have done it few times now. The only down side is, that it’s too watery and my daughter complains that it’s cold when I apply on her. I use organic fractionated coconut oil instead of regular one. And I love the EO combinations. Sometimes I also put a drop or two of frankincense.

    ReplyDelete